Sorry, the Forum is closed :(

Unfortunately, the forum is now closed.

Please read the following post for further details.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
The SharpDX team.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MultiCube sample for dx11

MultiCube sample for dx11 1 year 4 months ago #1275

• cephalo
  • Junior Boarder
I'm thinking about switching from SlimDX to SharpDX, and I'm just now checking out the SharpDX samples included in version 2.4.1. The MiniCubeTexture sample works fine, but when I build the MultiCube sample and run it, I don't see any cubes, just a black background. Does anyone know of an easy fix for that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MultiCube sample for dx11 1 year 4 months ago #1282

• xoofx
  • Administrator
As long as you have a correct d3d11 graphics card (It is using a d3d11 feature called "deferred context"), with latest Graphics card drivers installed, It should work, otherwise It won't work (assuming that you are running on a desktop and not a VM)

Re: MultiCube sample for dx11 1 year 4 months ago #1293

• cephalo
  • Junior Boarder
I've tried this on my home computer and my work computer with the same result. My home computer has a nVidia 560 gtx with the latest drivers that should handle up to dx11.1, my work computer has some Asus thing that I'm not sure about. I'm building with visual studio express, is there some build option that I need? Also, when I press F1 to switch to immediate context, I still do not see the cubes.

Re: MultiCube sample for dx11 1 year 4 months ago #1294

• xoofx
  • Administrator
weird, its running fine on a 6900M ATI and on a NVidia 580GTX here... hum, just try to debug by adding a debug flag to the device and check box on "enable native code debugging" on debug project settings and check the output of the log.

Re: MultiCube sample for dx11 1 year 4 months ago #1297

• cephalo
  • Junior Boarder
Ok, here is the output from the debug settings edited for brevity. The one D3D11 error repeats a lot. I also noticed that with these debug settings that the program crashes when I press the F1 key. Is this supposed to be a 32 bit app or a 64 bit app? My build target is AnyCPU.

I notice that the initial window size is taller than my screen. Is that the source of the D3D11 error? <--EDIT: ding ding! I found it! Shrinking my client window to fit on my desktop fixes the problem. I use 1400x900 resolution so 1024 height is too big.
D3D11: ERROR: ID3D11DeviceContext::OMSetRenderTargets: The RenderTargetView at slot 0 is not compatable with the DepthStencilView. DepthStencilViews may only be used with RenderTargetViews if the effective dimensions of the Views are equal, as well as the Resource types, multisample count, and multisample quality. The RenderTargetView at slot 0 has (w:1024,h:1024,as:1), while the Resource is a Texture2D with (mc:1,mq:0). The DepthStencilView has (w:1024,h:878,as:1), while the Resource is a Texture2D with (mc:1,mq:0). D3D11_RESOURCE_MISC_TEXTURECUBE factors into the Resource type, unless GetFeatureLevel() returns D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_1 or greater. [ STATE_SETTING ERROR #388: OMSETRENDERTARGETS_INVALIDVIEW ]
...<-Lot's of this same error
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by cephalo.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds